Friday, January 18, 2008

Brrrrr.....Baby It's COLD Outside!

Woke up to frost in San Diego!!! Practically snow(!), kinda, sorta-ish...heh heh! For a gal who hails from upstate NY, any white on the ground is cause for excitement---good eastern memories! We always got our biggest storms close to VALENTINES DAY back in NY!

Speaking of V-Day, we have our Valentines Day Soaps page up for you at:
VALENTINES DAY SOAPS



Available again this year are all of our usual much-loved Valentines favorites like:
- Mocha Truffle Soap (chocolate soap that leaves your skin smelling just like the real thing! So good you want to eat yourself! I've been using it all week and walk around obsessively sniffing my arm! Available as "bars" or our heart-shaped soaps in a gift box just for Valentines Day!) Note: Chocolate soap gets darker and darker in color (deep chocolate brown) the more it ages.
- Tuscany Wine Spice (made with real burgundy wine and a nice combo with Mocha Truffle to give wine and chocolate WITHOUT the calories)
- Love Soap (a sensuous scent blend including reknown romance oils of patchouli, sandalwood, rose and jasmine!)
- Bellisima (our classic rose soap and with EXTRA enrighment for dry skin!)

...and don't forget soaps the guys will love too!

- Java Bean Scrub (for coffee lovers)
- And come see our large variety of spice, shave soaps, and other men's favorites listed under Simply Soap For Men!

We still have some limited stock on-hand of our Holiday Soaps, so if you have favorites you don't want to have to wait for till next autumn, grab them now! We have quite a bit of Blizzard Bar for you Ski Bunnies! :)

This cold weather is taking it's DRYING toll on skin! All of our soaps are naturally moisturizing, but if you have extreme dry skin, try our extreme moisturizers---Recommended: Goatmeal Butter Bar---a 50% shea butter, 50% olive oil bar! Bathe buttered in relief and luxury! Also check out our Rustic Soap Collection---all unrefined, virgin shea butter enriched! The BEST, most enriching form of shea butter! Dry skin's salvation!

I'm working diligently on our coming new soap lines, Ancient Alchemy and our fun Wylde Wytch Soaps...however that convenient little soap lull post-holidays has all but disappeared and I'm working new projects in between a ful-on busy schedule again.

Some of you have asked, How can it take so long? I'll tell you.....Ancient Alchemy has had an incredible amount of research invested in it to create, indeed, UNIQUE soaps! One reason I know I'm on the right track with this line, and the research and experimentation is so worth it is, testers for me, testers with very problematic skin have reported wonderful results to me.....results such as:

"This is the first time I've been able to use soap that works! And I've had hardcore psoriasis all my life! Even my dermatologist is amazed!"

THIS is the kind of thing that thrills me and makes me have so much fun getting up and making soap each day! Stay tuned to that line coming soon...all based on ancient recipes!

Our coming Wylde Wytch line will be introduced first and available at our Enchantasies website, where all things "witch" are celebrated and adored, and we know, There's as little witch in all of us, how little is YOUR witch?

Some of you have commented recently about playing phone-tag with me. I apologize. My machine IS my secretary as I'm usually in the process of the time-sensitive process of soapmaking (can't stop stirring our pouring) to grab the phone quick enough and not ruin the soap batch (sets up QUICK!)! However if I have to hire someone to man phones, I'll have to include that cost in soap prices, and I'm sure most of you would prefer to keep prices as low as possible. I appreciate your valuable time and try to return calls ASAP! Please leave your number(s) and an e-mail address and I definitely always return your message!

Also, our website is chockful of helpful info if you explore a bit, and feel free to check out our wholesale FAQ's which helps answer a lot of questions and offers helpful tips and advice for new retailers! Our success is based on your success, so we're excited to see your business carrying soap gets off to as great a start as possible! Plus, we just love to hear what everyone is doing out there, how they offer soap! If you have a retail shop in your area that you'd like to see carrying our soap, let them know, have them call or e-mail us and we'll be happy to provide them all whlsl info.!

And, as much as I promote my calorie-less chocolate soaps for Valentines Day, you can be darn sure there's no way I want my own man coming home chocolate-less that day! Nor do I disappoint him! One of our Valentine's Day traditions is watching the movie "Chocolat'" with Johnny Depp and Juliet Binoche, and I make a replica of the hot chocolate made in the movie! It's insanely RICH, but by golly, the souls needs it at least once a year! Ahhhh..... dat's gooood!

Chocolat' Hot Chocolate

2 cups milk
1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate - melted
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons warm water
1/4 cup sugar
3/8 teaspoon (generous) cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon finely pulverized instant coffee
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
1 teaspoon corn starch
two good pinches chili peppers

Extras:
marshmallows

Heat the milk over medium-low heat. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate, then mix it with the cocoa powder, warm water, sugar, cinnamon, instant coffee, vanilla, and corn starch. Whisk chocolate mixture into warming milk. Stir in chili peppers. Heat until frothy. Add a marshmallow or two if you like it frothier still.

Pour into warmed glass cups or fancy ceramic or China tea cups. Serves two.

NOTE: Midnight snacks for two are some of the more enjoyable moments to savor with your significant other. What better, on a chilly night than a deluxe hot chocolate inspired by the movie "Chocolat". This great first date flick features, among other things, terrific confections, including a velvety dark hot chocolate laced with chili. I hesitated at first, but the chili heat is indeed the secret ingredient here.

Love and be loved blog readers! Make the most of this romantic month!

Till next time....

Carol, and the faeries, elves and good witches of:

Simply Soap
Wild Oaks Art
Enchantasies

*POOF*

0 comments: