Friday, December 2, 2011

It's Holiday Time...Be Nice!

Hi Folks! Me again. I don't want to come-off sounding Old Mother Hubbard scolding...but if you are a customer of mine, retail or wholesale, I strongly invite/encourage you to join our newsletter mailing list, this blog, or check my FB page for updates. I'm getting a LOT of people wanting to place "emergency", need-i...n-3-days for a special event LARGE ($500+) whlsl. soap orders, that I can't possibly accomodate on that timetable. It's holiday crunch time, Folks, and while I appreciate the biz tremendously, I've been posting reminders to "order early for specific need-by dates" since late August. Needless to say, when late-ordering customers "get scrappy & Scroogey with me", um, it's not appreciated.

I'm seriously thinking for next year, of offering a discount for customers who plan-in-advance and order large orders between specific dates (Oct.), to try to stalve off all this last-minute ordering Scrooginess I'm getting. As most of you who have been ordering from me for years know, I do my best to accomodate you quickly and courteously, you know Nov. - Dec. is crazy-time,.....some advance planning on your part is also part of the equation and much-appreciated. Thanks!

Links to ALL of our networking is available at our website at: http://www.carolochs.com/  :)

2 comments:

Bird said... [Reply to comment]

Carol, it's sad that this is happening to you with your little shop. People forget that there is only one or two people running the show and they do not realize how time consuming it is to make these handmade treasures. It all takes time. 30 minutes here, an hour there, a few hours for this or that, 4 days to set and cure or longer, then you need to do several other steps in between and after to get it ready to go. Having had my own little store of handmade treasures I understand this all too well. It takes time, effort, and you have to have time for other things too, like family, eating, sleeping and having your own holiday time too. When people get into "I Want Now" mode (or Veruca Salt mode as I like to call it) they forget that someone on the other end is working their tail feathers off trying to make things for many other people as well. I hope things get less Scroogie for you and more Happy Holidays.

Bright blessings,
Bird

carolochs said... [Reply to comment]

@Bird
Hi Bird...and thanks for your comments! My husband was reminding last night that many people see a company on the internet and think they are a huge corproation. I'm not. ;) It's when old-time customers who have been around a awhile and know the routine pull that stuff, then act incensed that I can meet theri last minute demands that gets my gander up! ;) It's nice to know though that fellow crafters who take care and pride intheir work can relate..... Merry Christmas! ~Carol