Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Early Morning Magic....

Not EVERY morning, but 2 - 3 mornings a week, I get up earlier than usual and *own the morning*.  I feel *I own it* because no one else is up but perhaps a few birds outside, and I want only their company.  Even my sleepy pups lay snoring bedside, and only look up long enough to shoot me a "What are you DOING at this hour?" look, ...then flop back down with the single wag of a weary tail. 

I hide in the front bathroom to stifle the loud whir of grinding coffee beans, start the brew, moving about the kitchen in the dim light, not wanting to break the peace with artifical glare. I bundle up in a thick shawl, take my steaming cup, and step out onto the back patio to snuggle up on an old chair in the morning mist floating by, and smell the smells of wet-garden. 

I ponder the day ahead, mentally organize lists, let inspiration seep in to my freshly awake brain......and despite the rest of the day invariably getting away from me, for a fleeting bit of time, yes,  I am Queen of my dominion..........I *own* the morning. 

Those early-start days always run BEST!


4 comments:

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

I wish I could get up early in the morning and enjoy it and the day would be longer, it would give me few extra hours

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I wish I could stop being a night owl and turning into an early bird instead! :)

Sinderella's Studio said... [Reply to comment]

...I too, am a morning person - get my coffee and sit in my swing chair to listen and smell the morning. It's getting cooler now - so I have retreated to my comfy chair by the window and dream out into the darkness! I shall steal your phrase of "owning my morning".
beautifully put!
dana

carolochs said... [Reply to comment]

(One of) the BEST times of the day (I also love gloaming!) Glad you enjoy it too, Dana! ::clinks coffee mugs::